Monday, January 01, 2007

Quiet New Years on Lanes Cove

If you've been reading about Lanes Cove here, you know that things happen here. Last night I was expecting the usual, someone setting off fireworks to celebrate the New Year. I was up late working on adding a weather page to the On the Cove website and at midnight I expected the usual show of rockets and loud explosions. But midnight came and went--nothing--not a sound. Peace and quiet. No revelers.

Strange. Maybe the party's moved. Or maybe the party-ers are getting older. I don't know, but it sure was quiet.

Happy New Year! Hope it is a good one for you and thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

  • Quite on this end of Lanesville, too. Maybe the revelers have grown up.
    Happy New Year to you too!
    --Janice

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 PM  

  • Just a thanks for having this Lanes Cove cam up for folks to look at. I am a transplanted New Englander and many years ago, almost forty, I was a young art student in Boston, and one of our regular subjects for painting was Lanes Cove. I did more then a few paintings from almost the same viewpoint as the camera, but of course, while closer to the ground. Now, living away from New England but always yearning for familiar sights from home, I regularly check up on the cam (which seems turned off this morning) It's a great thing to tune in and see the cove all through the year.

    Thanks!

    Cort

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 AM  

  • Thanks for your comment. Lanes Cove is a beautiful spot, though local residents tell me the number of painters visiting the cove over the years has declined. Morris Hall Pancoast lived in the house next to ours with a very similar view.

    The camera is down today because of a glitch with Adelphia's internet service. Hopefully will be back up this evening.

    By Blogger Stan, at 9:45 AM  

  • Happy New Year and thanks for having this web cam. I have a summer house in Lanesville and I like being able to check in on the weather and see a familar site.
    Happy New Year

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  uscity.net directory