Sunday, July 03, 2005

Spectacular! Today has been one of the best days for weather I have seen in a long time. It has been in the high 70's all day (right now --almost 5:00 PM--it is 83 with 36% humidity) with not a cloud in the sky. Very little wind (light breeze), just enough to fly the flag. Lanes Cove has been busy today. They are building the bonfire--I've heard that a couple is getting married on top of the pile (I assume before they light it) and I see they are building stairs up the side of it. This is now ordinary bonfire--it is at least 40' tall, and as big around at the base. Our local bagpiper was out this afternoon. I'm sure he will be out tomorrow night before the bonfire.

As far as I know, there haven't been any greenheads on Rowley Shore (none reported by our friends over there). We have had no insects--no mosquitoes--except for an occasional housefly here on Lanes Cove. The Red Tide is receding--most of the flats on the south side of Cape Cod are now open to shell fishing. I'm sure they will open the flats around here in the next few weeks. What this means is the shell fishermen can go back to work and we can have local shellfish (like clams) again. Other than that, there has been no physical evidence that there has been Red Tide at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




  uscity.net directory