Sunday, July 22, 2007

Blackburn Challenge

This weekend was the Blackburn Challenge. Early this morning I watched almost every kind of boat that could be rowed or paddled move along the coast from the Annisquam River toward Halibut point. It was a glorious day, just stunning--moderate temperature, almost no wind, and flat seas. Registration information can be found here.

Twenty miles is a long way to go, and conditions can change pretty dramatically throughout the race. Last year the race started, but was cut short due to fog, but it was a beautiful day this year.

1 Comments:

  • I absolutely love coming to your website and looking at the cove and the sunset. I grew up spending my summers in Lanesville and now live far away. Thank you for allowing me to enjoy the beauty of it and for keeping me informed!

    By Blogger Nancy, at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  uscity.net directory