Friday, March 17, 2006

Gone are the Mallards

As the weather warms (somewhat) here, I noticed that our flock of Mallards that spend the winter here--are gone. I'm guessing they've headed back north--maybe the ice has melting enough where they reside for the rest of the year for them to move back. I guess it is a sign that winter really will end. I've even seen the odd lobster boat outside the cove, and the sun has moved northerly along the horizon--it is setting north of Hog Island from where we see it. Last night's sunset was beautiful--not all that unusual, but some people decided to pull into our driveway and park to watch Mother Nature's evening spectacular. I think they enjoyed themselves and I was glad I could share this magnificient spot with them (maybe I should charge admission...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




  uscity.net directory