Sunday, March 19, 2006

Fireworks on the Cove (in March?!?)

You never know what will happen around the cove--that's part of the "charm" of living here. On the 4th of July, we get lots of fireworks, some semi-sanctioned (or at least overlooked) by the city--beautiful against the night sky over Ipswich Bay. But last night, around 1:10 AM, we got quite a display. Someone decided to light up the sky, not with a few bottle rockets, but with a whole display--maybe 15-20 minutes worth. I wonder, could it be marking the third anniversary of the invasion of Iraq or just inebriated fun? Hard to tell, here On the Cove.

5 Comments:

  • It was quite a beautiful display and it was in honor of the Iranian New Year...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  

  • Really! It is the Iranian New Year (Monday) and fireworks are traditional on Chahar Shanbeh Suri (the last Wednesday of the year), so I guess it could be. Happy Iranian New Year!

    By Blogger Stan, at 12:15 PM  

  • Hi. I used to be a nanny for a family of Canadian Buddhists in Gloucester back in 1989-1990. It was the most amazing experience of my entire 39 years of living. I've never been back but in my dreams, I can still see the gorgeous ocean and remember every rock I climbed on and every nook and cranny I explored.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  

  • amy,
    This is an amazing location. The more time I spend here, and the more people I meet, the more I appreciate it. It is no wonder why so many talented and interesting people have spent part or all of their lives around Lanes Cove. Good luck in SD.

    By Blogger Stan, at 11:12 AM  

  • thanks Stan....I don't really "need" luck to live in the prairies of South Dakota...since I was born and raised here....I still hope to return to Gloucester some day. Sometimes I can still smell the ocean :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




  uscity.net directory